This webinar focuses on highlights of the most recent COVID-19 legislation, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) and Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act. We’ll cover the various relief measures available to employers, such as the new Employee Retention Tax Credit (“ERTC”) and new and expanded Small Business Administration loans, including the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) loans. Lastly, we’ll discuss favorable tax relief measures available to both individuals and businesses.
- The Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act and Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- Employer refundable payroll tax credits
- New PPP loans, Economic Injury Disaster Loans (“EIDL”), and SBA Express loans
- Increased Unemployment Assistance, including Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- One-time Economic Impact Payments to individual taxpayers
- Temporary changes to retirement fund distribution rules
- The new ERTC and employer payroll tax deferral
- Modified Business Provisions, including NOL carryback rules, §461(l) Excess Business Loss limitation rules, §163(j) rules, AMT rules, and the technical correction to Qualified Improvement Property
About the Speaker:
Bob Lickwar, CPA, MST Bob has more than 30 years of experience as a practicing CPA and has worked exclusively with privately-held businesses and owners to provide compliance services and sophisticated tax planning strategies including like-kind exchanges, tax-efficient workouts and restructurings, reorganizations and estate planning services. He has assisted clients in the development of tax-favored and other retirement plans, and has worked with firm partners in developing tax-efficient succession transitions, including acquisitions and sales of businesses. He also has extensive experience in dealing with tax authorities at both the federal and state levels.